If you remember my post about our kitchen, you might recall that instead of wall units we have a huge corner larder. I thought that today I would talk you through what is behind those doors to help any of you looking for organisation and storage tips.
Early on I was keen for a larder and pinned a fair few onto my kitchen board on pinterest. It was only when it came to filling our kitchen that I realised what a huge task arranging it was. So here are my top tips:
- Put your most used items at eye level and your next most used just below
- Use baskets to house smaller items or multiple items (so we have Wilf snacks in one and another houses all my different sugars for baking)
- Store said baskets on higher and lower shelves
- Use top and bottom shelves for any cluttered items (such as tupperware)
- Use jars with labels to make storecuboard foods more visible
- Group items together (baking ingredients, breakfast foods, drinks, etc)
- Install lighting
- Don’t overcrowd every shelf
- Keep a footstool in there if you’ll need it for looking on the top shelves
- Don’t worry about it not looking perfectly tidy and instagramable; it is a cupboard, it has a job to do
So there you have it. I hope you find this useful and that it saves you time. I did some re-arranging and shelf swapping in the first few months to get it right! If you’re like me you will enjoy organising your larder and so this will be a nice afternoon activity, enjoy!