Hello and welcome to my new little corner of the internet. This post is a little introduction to me, what I’m about and what you can expect from girlabouthome.
First off, the basics. I’m Tracey, I’m 28 and I live in Somerset with my boyfriend, Dunc and our beautiful ginger cat, Monty (who has just turned 1!). I know these things can be a bit boring to read, so I have come up with ten random and not so random facts about me:
- I have wanted to start a blog for years now, but it has only been the last few months that I’ve got so far as to think about a name and the style of blog that I want to create.
- Dunc and I have just bought our first home together. It’s a converted watermill and we love it, so look out for a gazillion interior posts on here!
- I work full time for a charity so probably won’t be up to speed with blogging at first, so please bear with me!
- In my late teens I bred quail, because, well why not?!
- I love music and have been to numerous gigs and festivals over the years (first ever festival was Glastonbury when I was 17, just incredible and nothing has ever beaten it).
- I also love clothes, sometimes I am a bit ‘on trend’, but a lot of the time I just wear clothes that I love and that I feel comfortable in, then I just hope for the best style wise. I think this stems from the fact that I’m always ridiculously cold (aside from those six days of summer each year).
- I once made a sandwich for Rich Hall (the American comedian for those of you who don’t know), true story. It was literally the highlight of the decade (last decade that is). I love watching comedy and am fan of his and thought that this was a pretty awesome story, until one day I told a friend of mine who replied by telling me that she used to babysit for him and his wife and had met him many times, been to his house, etc. Suddenly the sandwich story didn’t look as impressive…
- I love Instagram. I mean, seriously love it. I think I’m probably on there too much, mostly looking for home and outfit inspiration, but also sometimes just looking at cute pets. I discovered Instagram a couple of years ago and haven’t looked back. If you’re on there, leave me a comment below with your username, mine is @millertracey.
- I am a bit of a rubbish girl. I rarely do anything to my hair (aside from wash it of course), I don’t even brush it. I use the bare minimum when it comes to beauty products such as creams and make up, mostly because I don’t really know what they actually do. I probably should know better at my age.
- I’m a homebody. No matter where I’ve been, there is no feeling as good as coming home. That also applies to the countryside. I’m really not a fan of cities, sure I can tolerate them for a few days and enjoy a change, but I always look forward to seeing some green fields and hearing absolutely nothing!
So, that is actually quite a lot about me. Hopefully you’re interested in hearing more from me as well as seeing a LOT of photos of our new home. Do give me a follow and a comment below to let me know if you’ll be joining me again!